It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Building with SCM causes a filesystem out of sync error

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Feb 22 '13, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When I run my build I keep getting "Problem running 'accept': Local filesystem is out of sync. Run 'lscm load' with --force option to reload the workspace." errors.  How can I get rid of those errors and not have to reload everytime?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 22 '13, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The out of sync problem occurs when a workspace has been loaded into different locations.  If the repository side version of the workspace has been altered by one copy of the physical sandbox version of the workspace by a deliver, then all other instances of the physical sandboxes will be out of sync.  The different instances of the sandbox could be caused by copying the sandbox files to another location, or loading different components to different locations, so long as the .jazz5 metadata for the loaded folder points back to the same repository workspace.  To avoid the issue, if you find you need different instances of the same source, make new dedicated repository workspace for each instance.  This avoids potential collisions over out of sync data.

~Spencer
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.