Workitem Creation with Parent ID using CSV Import is not working.
One answer
I wrote a script that did this successfully. The CSV looked like this:
Attribute1,Attribute2,etc...,"Parent",AttributeX,AttributeY,etc...
Value1,Value2,etc...,"#ParentID",ValueX,ValueY,etc...
This worked initially. However, a short time later the same script began failing. The import would quickly create the work items and then it would sort of pause for a long time on the "resolving links" phase of the import process. Eventually, it would present an error message. This caused confusion for some of the users because they thought the entire import had failed and they would attempt it again. This resulted in duplicate work items being created (and none of them being correctly linked).
The only time I've gotten this to work is when I put Parent in quotes and the #ID in quotes as well. However, I don't think that should be required. I suspect there may be an RTC bug that is causing this import process to fail. I am on Jazz.net this morning to investigate whether just such a bug has been created.
Note that we are using RTC 4.0.1 (eClipse client)
Comments
Muthukumar C
Feb 19 '13, 1:31 a.m.