It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I make our custom fields options requiring values when the template used to create a new work item?

Diane Chalmers (133) | asked Feb 18 '13, 3:34 p.m.
 Hello.  I have created a template for my team to use when opening defects.  In our team's defect work item we have some custom fields.  How can I make our custom fields options requiring values when the template used to create a new work item?  Currently the "Filed Against" and "Planned For" fields show up as Template Variable Values that must be assigned before the work item is created.

Thanks for you help.

Comments
Diane Chalmers commented Feb 19 '13, 3:56 p.m.

Hi, Sam.  Thank you for your response, unfortunately that doesn't fix it for me.

When I'm creating a Work Item Template I want to be able to add my custom fields to the "Defined Template Variables" for the template.  Here's a screenshot that might help.

Creating a Work Item Template

Thank you! 

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 18 '13, 4:16 p.m.
open the Project just like going to add custom fields, go to the Team configuration section, Operational Behaviour,
scroll down and select the cell at the everyone, Save Workitem Server,  In the preconditions list, Press 'Add',
select required attributes for Type and State,
in the right menu, select the defined editor for that workitem and then expand and select

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.