It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Rational Insight support HP ALM 11 ?

Chris Thorp (2634) | asked Feb 11 '13, 8:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Does Rational Insight support HP ALM 11 ?  I see references to HP QC ... i assume this is for v10.   If we don't support ALM v11 today, is it planned for the future ?

And where is the official list of supported data service sources?    I could see high-level references to things in a number places (on ibm.com and the online help),  but shouldn't an official list of the supported data sources that specifies the versions that are supported be included in the Insight Release Notes ?

Chris.

4 answers

permanent link
Jeff McRae (2711) | answered Feb 12 '13, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Insight does not currently support HP Quality Center 11.  It is being considered for a future release but there is no active work happening at this time.

In terms of the supported data sources, Insight provides a toolkit to integrate with any product that makes the data available in an appropriate format, but the list of products that we support now are here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r1m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.raer.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_sampleetljob_datasources.html

Jeff

permanent link
Shelly Arnold (1) | answered Feb 12 '13, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Adding to the information Jeff has provided regarding official list of supported data sources ...

The IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/prodguid/v1r0/clarity/index.jsp) can always be used for the official system requirements of a product.

For Insight's supported data sources ...
   1) select "Prerequisites" and the report "Select a Product. Get Its list of Prerequisites"
   2) Select Rational Insight 1.1.1 (using "search" capability and version # from dropdown)
   3) Check "Data Sources" under "Optional Capabilities"
   4) Submit report

Note:  This report includes "Rational Insight Adapter for HP Quality Center Software v1.0"; however, it does not indicate which version of HP Quality Center the adapter supports.  Currently, you need to run the same report as suggested above for "Rational Insight Adapter for HP Quality Center Software 1.0" to get this information.  To save this extra step, I will look into this being provided as a footnote in for the "Insight" report so that selecting the "i" next to v1.0 for "Rational Insight Adapter for HP Quality Center Software" in the Insight report will provide this additional information.

Comments
Sean G Wilbur commented Nov 04 '13, 12:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is helpful, but only lists the Rational data sources.

permanent link
Lukas Holy (111) | answered Nov 06 '13, 12:13 p.m.

Hi,

is it still valid that the adapter can be used only with version 10 of HP QC?

Compatibility reports states that, but the customer would need to connect to version 11.

Lukas

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Nov 07 '13, 4:38 a.m.
Hello Lukas,

Rational Insight Adapter for HP Quality Center still only supports HP Quality Center 10 and only works with the following versions of Insight:

See also this work item:

Enhancement 63907 Update HPQC adaptor to work with Insight 1.1.1

https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/63907

Best Regards

Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.