It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CCM ETL not running on a specific day

Matthias Buettgen (23612131) | asked Jan 31 '13, 4:42 a.m.
Hi,

We're recognizing a strange behavior of the CCM ETL jobs. They run as exepected every day at 23:00 except on Mondays. That's rather strange because the jobs triggered by JTS running correctly at the same time and on all days.

We are using 3.0.1.2 in a Tomcat installed on a Windows 2008 server.

I didn't find an information related to a hidden feature but maybe someone out there in the community recognized the same problem.

Regards
Matthias

Accepted answer

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Jan 31 '13, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Check the ccm-etl.log and ccm.log  (jazz-etl.log and jazz.log according to the configured context name) for  Monday.  Most plausible reason should be CCM DB being unavailable for Backup or something.
Matthias Buettgen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Matthias Buettgen commented Jan 31 '13, 7:13 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

There are no entries neither error messages nor messages about a successful run in the logs for the specific day which is Monday in our case.

It's interesting that the JTS ETLs run as expected on that Mondays. Due to the fact they are using the same database we can also exclude that the database server is not running.

The CCM ETLs simply don't run on Mondays and that's a annoying.

Regards
Matthias

ankur sharma commented Jan 31 '13, 9:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. There is no entry in ccm-etl.log for Monday or there is entry for failures?
  2. If its the later one, what are the exceptions logged?
  3. How long the Sunday's CCM ETLs ran? Check if they were still running when it was time for Monday's schedule.
  4. Which server you are using? Verify that CCM application doesn't go down on Monday?
  5. btw...does this happens on all Mondays or some Monday or one of Monday? Did it happen any time other than Monday?

Matthias Buettgen commented Feb 06 '13, 5:34 a.m.

Hi Ankur,

I apologize for my late response. Anyway, you were right. I recognized that the CCM database wasn't available Mondays on 23:00. The information has been found in the ccm.log.
After changing the ETL execution time to an earlier point in time, the jobs were executed as expected.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards
Matthias

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.