It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Documentation for Code Coverage in builds

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Nov 07 '08, 5:37 p.m.
I am having a hard time getting the code coverage to work from a build. I took the coverage file and unzipped them into my RTCBuild location and then copied and tweaked some of the ant targets in the example. I no nothing about emma so am guessing at the arguments to set for -Drt.xxx (see below). The server is not localhost so I don't know what values to use for the server, the port, and if I am supposed to start an emma process on the server (I only downloaded the coverage zip on the build server - which is a different box than the Jazz server).

The Getting Started's Documentation section (at the bottom) references an HTML file in a zip file that I can't find. My core problem seems to be that junit won't genererate the coverage .ec file and I am guessing that is related to the values for emma. Google-ing those values on the internet didn't help either.

Can someone point me to the TeamConcert-IXXXXXXXX-XXXX.zip referenced by the Getting Started guide. I searched my entire IBM directory for it. Or give me some comments on how to use emma?

Many thanks.

<echo>
<property>
<property>
<property>
<junit>
<jvmarg>
<jvmarg>
<formatter>
<test>

<classpath>
<path>
</classpath>
</junit>

One answer

permanent link
Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | answered Nov 08 '08, 9:16 a.m.
Sorry about the XML not making it - here is the ant snippet again.

<echo message="buildToolkit ${buildToolkit}" />
<property name="buildServer" value="http://poly06.asu.edu" />
<property name="outVMArgument" value="-Drt.control=true -Drt.control.host=${buildServer} -Drt.control.port=4765 -Demma.coverage.out.file=coverageOutFile.ec}" />
<property name="bootVMArgument" value="-Xbootclasspath/a:${buildToolkit}/emma.jar"/>
<junit showoutput="true" fork="yes" >
<jvmarg value="${bootVMArgument}" />
<jvmarg value="${outVMArgument}" />
<formatter type="xml" />
<test name="banking.db.test.DBTestSuite" outfile="${banking.db.test.file}" />

<classpath>
<path refid="project.class.path"/>
</classpath>
</junit>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.