It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Suites - 4.0

renee nelson (781918) | asked Jan 30 '13, 8:53 a.m.

My manager has tasked me to find a way to create a "Suite of Suites". He wants a suite with branches of other suites that will have test cases in various areas (functional, regression, smoke, production) in each of these separate branches (suites under the main suite).
I have been researching and have not found if this functionality exists in RQM.

We are testing out RQM 4.0. (We are currently on 3.0.1)

Comments
Bob Gallagher commented Jan 30 '13, 9:17 a.m.

What is the purpose of using a suite instead of a test plan? 

renee nelson commented Jan 30 '13, 9:20 a.m.

He wants to group all the test plans under one bucket, for example, system testing, end to end testing, uat, regression, and production verification. Would a plan be better than using a suite?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Prasun Roy (1674813) | answered Jan 30 '13, 3:36 p.m.
 Test Suite is a grouping of Test cases that need to be executed together. So Test Suite will be a good representation for the examples you have given such as system testing, end to end testing, uat etc. But why do you want to create a super-set of these suites as you should be executing only one of these Suites at a time. Why should you do System Testing and UAT at the same time. Instead of creating a Suite of Suites, all your Suites must be grouped under a Test Plan which is a logical grouping of Test Suites and/or Test Cases.
renee nelson selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.