It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test automation for mobile devices - Android, iOS, Windows 8

Leandro David (721719) | asked Jan 29 '13, 2:13 p.m.
Hi, we have a new need coming soon for automated test for Mobile devices running Android, iOS or Windows 8. is there any Rational tool that provides those capabilities ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Josh Galde (16) | answered Feb 05 '13, 5:21 p.m.
Hi Leandro,

If you are looking for real device mobile testing you could use DeviceAnywhere. We have an integration with IBM RQM and we work with Worklight as well. Feel free to take a look - http://www.keynotedeviceanywhere.com/ibm-rational-tivoli-integrated-solutions.html

Thanks!
Josh
Leandro David selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 29 '13, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have a look at the IBM Worklight toolset for Mobile development.  While the primary purpose is cross-platform application development for mobile - it does provide unit testing and integration testing capabilities (using a device simulator).

This article helps explain what Worklight does in more detail.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/techjournal/1210_chen/1210_chen.html

Hope that helps

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jan 30 '13, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Leandro,

this video could bring you some Highlights of the IBM Mobile Development Lifecycle Solution 4.0

Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered Jan 30 '13, 4:52 p.m.
Thanks for the answers. I'm familiar to worklight and the solutions presented in the video.
Maybe I was not clear, but I was looking for something similar to Rational Functional Tester, but for Mobile devices for either native or web mobile applications.

We are now looking at solutions like Selenium WebDriver, MonkeyTalk and MonkeyRunner as it may be pretty easy to use/integrate with Worklight. I'm pretty sure that there is nothing similar to that in Rational portfolio, right ?

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered Feb 05 '13, 5:48 p.m.
Thanks Josh, it seems that this is what we are looking for.

permanent link
Josh Galde (16) | answered Feb 05 '13, 6:01 p.m.
Super! Please let me know if you would like to talk to one of our sales reps. They come from IBM Rational and understand our integration.

Best of luck!
Josh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.