It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG v6.0.4 & v6.0.5: Changing the state of an Artifact (Type-> Requirements) through OSLC or Java APIs

Sunny Billava (814) | asked Jan 03 '18, 8:12 a.m.

Hello,

We are working with RDNG version 6.0.4 and 6.0.5. 
The requirement is to update the workflow states for a requirements artifact workflow automatically through an external script (using OSLC or Java APIs). 
We checked and same can be done for RTC but we are not finding any luck with RDNG. 
So i would like to ask the following questions:

1. Is this feasible to be done in this version of RDNG?
2. If yes, can this be done through OSLC or through Java APIs?
3. If yes, is this information public?
4. If yes, can someone guide to some public documentation to this? 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 04 '18, 12:03 a.m.

The concept workflow is very different in RTC and RDNG, so you cannot compare it between the two.

As far as I know, there is no Java API available for RDNG.

Although I have not done it myself, you can try to set the target workflow state the same way as other attributes using OSLC API. Not like RTC, there is no action for the state transition in RDNG.

Comments
Sunny Billava commented Jan 04 '18, 12:12 a.m.

Hello Donald,

Thanks for replying. 
We had tried doing it through OSLC POST. Although the POST does not return an error, the updated state, as per the workflow, does not reflect in that artifact. 

Donald Nong commented Jan 16 '18, 6:19 p.m.

This issue appears to be addressed in the below work item. Basically, the workflow status should be updated the same way as other attributes.
120221: An OSLC PUT operation removes workflow information from the requirement

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.