It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 4.0.1 on AIX with WAS 7.x and Oracle 11g - JTS setup error

Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | asked Jan 24 '13, 7:57 a.m.
retagged Jan 24 '13, 9:01 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
I have deployed CLM 4.0.1 onto an AIX system with the following configuration:

LPAR 1 : Oracle 11g and Tivoli Directory Server v6.3
LPAR 2 : WAS v7 with the latest patch and CLM 4.0.1

WAS is configured to use the LDAP server for authentication. I have configured the WAS profile according to the instructions for global security, Java process definition (heap allocation) and environment variables (JAZZ_HOME,  oracle jdbc driver location, etc), virtual host. I have deployed the jts.war package and then mapped the application groups onto the LDAP groups. Also, I deployed the admin.war and clmhelp.war apps.

The database was initialized manually with the help of the repotools scripts.

The server has been restarted and upon invoking the /jts/setup URI I get the following error message:

Error 404: ProxyServlet: /jts/setup

The WAS logs show absolutely no sign of an internal error.

Any idea what I could try now to figure this problem out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan

6 answers

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jan 24 '13, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The first places I would check is that the JTS application is mapped to the context root jts and that the JAZZ_HOME is correct.

You may also want to check your jts.log to see if there are any errors there. See Log locations for help finding the logs on WAS.

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jan 24 '13, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dan,
I'd follow Bo's suggestion.
If you search the forum, you'll see that there is a post similar to yours here :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/85544/rtc-40-error-jtssetup-error-404-proxyservlet-jtssetup
You might want to have a check at it as well.
Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | answered Jan 24 '13, 1:59 p.m.
Indeed I have seen the other post referenced by Stéphane and actually checked for JAZZ_HOME variable value and
it is correct. Also, it appears not to be a file descriptors issue as the OS is configured for unlimited descriptors.

As I suspected a possible erroneous WAS profile configuration, I erased the profile and did it all over. The result was the same.

Tomorrow when I will get to the office, I will check for the jts log as suggested by Bo and will report back.

permanent link
Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | answered Jan 25 '13, 10:54 a.m.
Well, I have new developments with this deployment.

Indeed it was an error related to the way the environment variables were defined and that was fixed. Now, the initial error is gone and I am able to invoke the /jts/setup URI, however, the result is still not the one I expected.

Now the page is empty, although the HTTP return code is 200. On a closed look at the WAS and application logs, this is to be observed:

1. jts.log file
2013-01-25 09:42:30,554 [Component Resolve Thread (Bundle 86)]  INFO nternal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration  - CRJAZ1363I Loading the 
configuration from "file:////rational/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
2013-01-25 09:43:29,807 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO pository.service.internal.ServerDescriptionService  - CRJAZ1779I This server is con
figured as a JTS.
2013-01-25 09:43:30,126 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO rvice.mapping.internal.ServerRenameProgressService  - CRJAZ2558I Setting the local 
server rename state to false and the openServerDescriptionServiceTemporarily state to false.
2013-01-25 09:43:30,787 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO .repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory  - CRJAZ1365I The server is atte
mpting to connect to the following database: "thin:jtsuser/xxxxxxxx@//172.20.66.113:1523/JTS"
2013-01-25 09:43:31,093 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO .repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionFactory  - CRJAZ1364I The connection to 
the following database was successful:
 Db Product Name: Oracle
  Db Product Version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
  Db URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:jtsuser/xxxxxxxx@//172.20.66.113:1523/JTS
  Jdbc Driver Name: Oracle JDBC driver
  Jdbc Driver Version: 11.2.0.2.0
2013-01-25 09:43:32,612 [              WebContainer : 0]  WARN pository.service.internal.ServerDescriptionService  - CRJAZ1781W The Public URI Root has not been set.  Use the server setup wizard to enter the public URI.  This property is required to enforce consistent URL management in the application.  The public URI represents the URL that all clients must use to access the application.
2013-01-25 09:43:33,295 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO mapping.internal.GlobalServerRenameProgressService  - CRJAZ2523I Setting the global server rename state to false and the validation state to false.
2013-01-25 09:43:33,787 [                     Thread-52]  INFO ping.internal.ServerRenameOverallStatusRestService  - CRJAZ2412I There are no mapping events to process.
2013-01-25 09:43:36,591 [              WebContainer : 0]  WARN com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet   - CRJAZ1181W Security notice during initialization: Allowing ADMIN user access.  It is recommended that you disable the ADMIN user and create a real user with administrative rights.
2013-01-25 09:43:36,622 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.TeamServerServlet   - CRJAZ2076I Product Details:
  Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 4.0.1 (RJF-I20121109-1457)

2013-01-25 09:43:36,627 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO nternal.app.servlet.util.ServletDispatchingHandler  - CRJZS0315I Servlet Dispatching Enabled
2013-01-25 09:43:36,627 [              WebContainer : 0]  INFO nternal.app.servlet.util.ServletDispatchingHandler  - CRJZS0318I Servlet Loopback Disabled

2. SystemOut.log file
[1/25/13 9:44:34:725 CST] 00000013 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[equinoxbridgeservlet]: com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppErrorReport: CRJZS5453E The Public URI Root has not been set for this application. Enter the public URI in the advanced properties of the administration user interface for this application.  Consider setting this URI to enforce consistent URL management in the application. The public URI represents the URL that all clients must use to access the application. This URL can be for the front-end proxy server, or the application server if a front-end server does not exist. 
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppDispatcherContext.sendError(WebAppDispatcherContext.java:637)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.sendError(SRTServletResponse.java:1187)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.service.internal.AbstractStorageService.handle(AbstractStorageService.java:836)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.service.internal.AbstractStorageService.doGetOrHead(AbstractStorageService.java:587)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.service.internal.StorageService.doGetOrHead(StorageService.java:396)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.service.internal.StorageService.doGetOrHead(StorageService.java:377)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.storage.service.internal.StorageService.perform_GET(StorageService.java:520)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.TeamRawService.service(TeamRawService.java:82)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
        at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
        at $Proxy412.service(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.doRestService(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:914)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest2(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:2100)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1924)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.access$0(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1909)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet$1.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:210)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.OAuthServiceProvider$3.run(OAuthServiceProvider.java:754)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1728)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:131)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:154)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:181)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3944)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:276)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:931)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1592)
        at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:276)
        at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1049)
        at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:643)
        at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1784)
        at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
        at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
        at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1646)

Well, what could be the matter now? Any ideas?

Thank you,
Dan

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Jan 25 '13, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm pretty sure the error about the public URI can be ignored.

Can you try a refresh of the page? Sometimes when hitting the server for the first time, I've seen the page load empty but refreshing eventually loads the page (or sometimes just waiting long enough).

If that doesn't work, then I don't really know what may be causing it. You may want to try a restart of the application though I don't see how that could fix it. I assume you installed the recommended WAS fixpack and its corresponding JVM update?

Stephane Leroy commented Jan 25 '13, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the refresh doesn't work, would check for a server restart and a cleaning of your browser cookies.
Regards,
Stéphane

permanent link
Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | answered Jan 25 '13, 4:28 p.m.
edited Jan 26 '13, 5:53 a.m.
Funny thing is that /jts/admin loads just fine and I can log into the application and explore the JTS administration. However, when I want to initialize the JTS setup, it does nothing. The page source for /jts/setup shows this mesage:
<noscript><div id="net-jazz-ajax-NoScriptMessage">Javascript is either disabled or not available in your Browser</div></noscript>

which obviously cannot be true since the admin application works just fine.

Later Edit : Just configured the CCM and QM apps and they work fine too.

I do not know what to say but it looks to me like this is a defect in the setup application.

permanent link
Dan Sevcenco (5021923) | answered Jan 29 '13, 3:32 a.m.
I have downgraded to CLM v4.0 and I get the same behaviour. Anyone have any idea about this matter?

Thanks,
Dan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.