June 15, 2018
IBM Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.3
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.3 New & Noteworthy Summary
Rational Quality Manager is an integral part of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM).
For a list of changes to the installation and upgrade process, see CLM and IoT CE 6.0.3 Installation and Upgrade Notes.
For a complete list of new and noteworthy items in this release, see the New & Noteworthy Details.
For a summary of items in this release, see the following highlights.
The Quality Management (QM) server now includes support for using components in projects that are enabled for configurations. Components provide a mechanism for versioning data at a finer granularity than whole project areas. For more information, see Components.
Cross-artifact type categories
A new type of category is available that you can use for all the artifact types in a single configuration. You can create or promote existing categories as cross-artifact type categories, or global categories, in the Global Categories section under Artifact Categories. You can modify categories in a single place and see changes reflected for all artifact types.
Compare artifacts of the same type in the same configuration
You can now compare test artifacts of the same type in the same configuration directly from Browse views by selecting two artifacts and using the context menu to select Compare Selected Artifacts > Compare as Source or Compare as Target.
See the version history for artifacts in configurations
In a project that is enabled for configuration management, it's useful to see an artifact's change history in the context of configurations. For example, you might want to know which configurations the artifact has changes in, which version of the artifact is in the "Release 1 Candidate" baseline, and so on. The version history viewer displays this type of information in a simple graphical view. You can also compare two versions to see their differences.
Link QM artifacts to Rational Team Concert files
You can now create related resource links between any file stored in Jazz source control and QM test scripts, test case results, and test suite results. Links are established through the Rational Team Concert thick client.
This release includes the following notable updates to the UI:
- Improved ability to work with large documents in artifact editors: Previously, the artifact editors had top and bottom action areas where you could access the editor's actions when you scrolled within a document. However, you had to be near the top or the bottom of the document to have the actions in view. Now a static title area is available when you scroll past the editor's actions.
- Create artifact references by dragging and dropping: You can now use the browser drag-and-drop gesture to create artifact references. For example, to add test cases to a test plan, you can drag test cases from a browse list in one browser instance and drop them into the Test Cases section in a test plan in another browser instance.
- Double-click to manipulate columns in the Change Column Display Settings window: In the Change Column Display Settings window, which you can open in any table view, you can now double-click in the column entries to add an entry from the Available Columns list to the Display Columns list and remove an entry from the Display Columns list to return it to the Available Columns list.
New in previous versions of Rational Quality Manager
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages:
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 6.0.2
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 6.0.1
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 6.0
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0.2
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0.1
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0
New in other CLM applications
For new and noteworthy information about other CLM applications, see these pages: