IBM Rational Quality Manager
Quality management · Manual testing · Continuous improvement
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.2
Rational Quality Manager 6.0.2 New & Noteworthy Summary
Rational Quality Manager is an integral part of the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM).
For a complete list of new and noteworthy items in this release, see the New & Noteworthy Details.
For a summary of items in this release, see the following highlights.
Customize manual test scripts
You can now customize templates and sections for manual test scripts to tailor them to your business processes. Also, custom attributes are now supported in manual test script steps, the RQM Word/Excel Importer, and offline execution features.
Rerun test case results
From the test case result editor and the Browse test cases view, you can now rerun a test case result and automatically pick up the following attributes from the previous run:
- Test script
- Test case execution record
- Execution variable value set in the previous run
For remote script execution, you choose an adapter from a list of available adapters. By default, the adapter used in the previous run is selected if it is available.
Exclude results from streams
By default, when you create a stream from a baseline, all the artifacts from the baseline appear in the stream. You can now prevent the baseline's execution results from appearing in a new stream in Manage Project Properties > Configuration Preferences by setting the Exclude test case results and test suite results from new streams option.
Add a default query for table list views
Instead of showing all artifacts when you open a table list view by using the Browse menu, an adminstrator can now set a new project property named List View Default Queries to specify a shared default query that runs when the view opens. The same List View Default Queries property is also available in the user preferences, which you can open by clicking the new Set Default Query button in a table list view that supports the feature. The table list views in the user preferences use the default query that is set in the project property. You can override the settings to not have a default query, or you can select another saved query, including both shared and personal queries.
This release includes the following notable updates to the UI:
- Improved consistency across all table views: All Rational Quality Manager table views now render test artifact links in a consistent way. The same format is also used in PDF table summary reports.
- Ability to link to existing work items in artifact editor sections: In the section of an artifact editor, you can now create a quality task work item that links to the section. You can also add a link to existing work items from the artifact editor sections.
New in previous versions of Rational Quality Manager
For details about new features and functionality in previous releases, see these pages:
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 6.0.1
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 6.0
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0.2
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0.1
- Rational Quality Manager New & Noteworthy 5.0
New in other CLM applications
For new and noteworthy information about other CLM applications, see these pages: