It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Determine project area access control configuration via API

Stefan Hoffmann (14421820) | asked Jan 21 '13, 11:06 a.m.
Hello,

I try to read the "Access control" configuration of a specific project area via API (Everyone, No one, Member of the project area hierarchy, etc...). There is a method "IProjectArea.getReadAccessList()" which gets me the list for the optional access list (so this API gets into this domain), but not more.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vladimir Zahariev (1503) | answered Jan 21 '13, 7:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe there is a an exposed Java API to read the access list. You should be able to achieve your goals using the REST API. Please refer to the following page (section "Read Access List") for more information:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DraftTeamProcessRestApi

Best regards,
-Vlad

Stefan Hoffmann selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stefan Hoffmann commented Jan 22 '13, 1:42 a.m.

As I have written, the java API IProjectArea.getReadAccessList() gets the access list and allows modifications.

And your right, I can get the information I need from the rest-service.

<jp06:access-public>true</jp06:access-public>

<jp06:access-visible-to-access-list>false</jp06:access-visible-to-access-list>
<jp06:access-visible-to-members>false</jp06:access-visible-to-members>
Should be enough to map to the 5 selections available in the "access control" tab of the project area editor.

Sadly in my program I already have fully resolved IProjectArea objects, and now I have to call a rest service (with complete handshake, etc...) just for this piece of information... could be easier.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 22 '13, 2:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since process sharing is exposed in the Eclipse Client, you should be able to locate the API using the Plug In Spy. See http://ryehle.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/finding-the-right-service-api-for-your-process-extension/ for a hint.

Open the process area editor and plugin Spy that. It is most likely internal API though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.