It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing BIRT report from RTC 2.x to 4.x - where's the data?

Mike Shkolnik (9657160143) | asked Jan 17 '13, 2:44 p.m.
I have a BIRT report from 2.x that no longer runs in 4.x. It appears one of the tables is no longer there:

Cannot set statement property.
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Table not found

TABLE NAME: CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT
FACT_ID
TIME_ID
PROJECT_AREA_ID
TEAM_AREA_ID
DEV_LINE_ID
CONTRIBUTOR_ID
ASSIGNMENT

If I edit the data set, I discover the table does in fact no longer exist. Instead, there is the following table:

TABLE NAME: LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT
CONTRIBUTOR_ITEMID
ASSIGNMENT
Surname

Much is missing from that other table that I need for this report. Where did all that data move to?

And before someone mentions it, I am aware of RRDI. It will be months before we have an RRDI server approved and setup.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Jan 18 '13, 4:12 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jan 18 '13, 7:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

as mentioned in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsMigrating20To30 :
"When moving from RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0, some changes may need to be made to your existing custom BIRT reports in order for them to function correctly"

Regards,
St├ęphane

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 18 '13, 12:37 p.m.

I am aware there have been changes. The one table I need is gone and I have no idea where to find the data. The page you linked to says, "The table APT_SNAPSHOT.CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT is no longer in the schema. APT_SNAPSHOT.LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT is still there." Ok, great, where did that data move to? The "LIVE" version of the table doesn't have all the fields. Is there a cross-reference - like "if you used this, now use THIS"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.