It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing BIRT report from RTC 2.x to 4.x - where's the data?

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Jan 17 '13, 2:44 p.m.
I have a BIRT report from 2.x that no longer runs in 4.x. It appears one of the tables is no longer there:

Cannot set statement property.
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Table not found

TABLE NAME: CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT
FACT_ID
TIME_ID
PROJECT_AREA_ID
TEAM_AREA_ID
DEV_LINE_ID
CONTRIBUTOR_ID
ASSIGNMENT

If I edit the data set, I discover the table does in fact no longer exist. Instead, there is the following table:

TABLE NAME: LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT
CONTRIBUTOR_ITEMID
ASSIGNMENT
Surname

Much is missing from that other table that I need for this report. Where did all that data move to?

And before someone mentions it, I am aware of RRDI. It will be months before we have an RRDI server approved and setup.

Comments
Erwin Kunz commented Jan 18 '13, 4:12 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jan 18 '13, 7:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

as mentioned in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsMigrating20To30 :
"When moving from RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0, some changes may need to be made to your existing custom BIRT reports in order for them to function correctly"

Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jan 18 '13, 12:37 p.m.

I am aware there have been changes. The one table I need is gone and I have no idea where to find the data. The page you linked to says, "The table APT_SNAPSHOT.CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT is no longer in the schema. APT_SNAPSHOT.LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR_ASSIGNMENT is still there." Ok, great, where did that data move to? The "LIVE" version of the table doesn't have all the fields. Is there a cross-reference - like "if you used this, now use THIS"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.