It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Comment added twice when saving the workitem from RTC eclipse client(4.x)

Pheneenda gadipoodi (11710) | asked Jan 09 '13, 6:36 a.m.

I have added comment to a workitem opened in eclipse client(4.x), after saving the workitem newly entered comment added to workitem twice.

This is not the case with all workitem types, it is only problem with a "Development" type of workitem.

please help me to solve this issue.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 09 '13, 9:30 a.m. | edited Jan 09 '13, 9:08 p.m.

what is a 'development' type workitem? is it s custom workitem your deployment added?

Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 09 '13, 9:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does this reliably happen every time for this work item type?

Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Jan 09 '13, 10:58 p.m.

@sam: Yes, it is a custom workitem.

@Millard:Yes, it do happen every time, and we are experiencing this after we upgrade our server from 3.x to 4.0.0.1.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 09 '13, 11:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So it was not happening before the upgrade? Do you have any scripting or other customizations that might affect comment handling (or work item save operations in general)? If so, can you describe them?

Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Jan 09 '13, 11:11 p.m.

I don't have any scripts to handle comments. But we do have ither scipts which customizes other fields.

Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Jan 09 '13, 11:29 p.m.

yes there is no problem when we were using 3.x

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Joseph Mao (440189) | answered Jan 10 '13, 12:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
best way is to contact IBM support, need your process template for further analysis.

here is only a quick test as workaround.
try create a new editor presentation, with similar settings - covers all the features you need.
then change "development" type to use the new create presentation.
with this, all your data still remains, and workflow not touch, so can be consider as a safe test.

Comments
Bharath Adhithya commented Jan 11 '13, 6:14 a.m.

We tried to created new editor presentation for the work item and it is working fine. Comments are added only once. Is this is a problem with the editor? We have been using the editor for fewdays now and we have experienced it recently. Pl suggest how to go about this?

Joseph Mao commented Jan 13 '13, 5:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad to hear it works.
From what we can see here, possibly something happened to old editor presentation.
but can not go further without your process configuration.
That's why suggested you to contact IBM support in my answer above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.