It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has ability to query ClearQuest with oslc.where and oslc.searchTerms regressed in OSLC v2.0?

Ben Spiller (2123) | asked Jan 05 '13, 4:44 p.m.
I'm struggling to find a way to query for items containing a specified search string using ClearQuest and the OSLC api. I can use either oslc.where or oslc.searchTerms on their own successfully, but when I specify both of them I get error 501 (Not Implemented) - is there any way to get around this, or it is a bug?

My URL is:
/cqweb/oslc/repo/DBNAME/db/MYDB/simpleQuery/16777434?rcm.contentType=application%2Fjson&oslc.where=cq%3AProduct%3D%22myproductname%22&oslc.searchTerms=%22myterm%22

If it is NOT possible anymore to combine text search with a where clause it's a very serious limitation, as well as a violation of the OSLC v2 API that I thought CQ supported - as it says in http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecQuery#oslc_searchTerms "When oslc.where is used with oslc.searchTerms then the set of resources searched for matches MUST be restricted to only those resources that satisfy the conditions in oslc.where". 

I was able to use text search with a query using the older v1 OSLC api, and I'm quite frustrated that after investing lots of time upgrading everything to use the v2 API (which is quite an effort) the functionality seems to have significantly regressed (especially as there's nothing in the CQ documentation to warn people of this)

Any input on this would be a great help, especially if there's some way round it. I don't want to have to revert everything back to the v1 OSLC api!

3 answers

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Jan 07 '13, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ben,

It looks like there is a conflict with ClearQuest's full text search feature which is preventing this from working.

According to:
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmImplementationReports?sortcol=table;up=#Rational_ClearQuest

Deviations from specs and why:
oslc.searchTerms does not work in conjunction with oslc.where and oslc.select. This isn't possible give how full text search is currently implemented in the ClearQuest Core.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.  Perhaps ClearQuest support has more info?

permanent link
Yuhong Yin (25123) | answered Sep 20 '13, 6:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey Ben

Not sure whether you are all set.

Please note even though CQ OSLC CM 2.0 implementation does not support oslc.searchTerms in conjunction with oslc.where, your can use CQ OSLC CM 1.0 for this use case. In other words, you can mix CQ OSLC CM 2.0 calls with CQ OSLC 1.0 calls - just specify the desired OSLC-Core-Version header.

Thanks

- Yuhong Yin

Development Manager, ClearCase/ClearQuest Jazz Integrations
Email: yyin@us.ibm.com

permanent link
Pravin Girase (11) | answered Aug 26 '20, 10:10 a.m.
Matthew,

Did you get answer to your question?

I am facing issue in even using the oslc.query with wild card. Also oslc.searchTerms is also behaving differently on different project areas.

As per OSLC V2.0 oslc.where should support wild card type search. e.g. oslc.where=dc:title="System*"

should return me all the requirements (in case of DNG) starting with Systems.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.