It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

compatibility of RTC configuration chnages done in eclipse 4.0.01 to eclipse 3.0.1

kavita herur (5876894) | asked Dec 13 '12, 12:51 a.m.

Hi All,

Recently we upgraded our  RTC production server from 3.0.1 to 4.0.0.1

For our next costumized RTC release,  We want do changes to configuration and as well as to pre-conditions follow-up conditions.

I searched in jazz.net on versions found that  "It would be better to use RTC eclipse client 4.0.01 and RTC tomcat server(RTC jazz Team server - windows )4.0.0.1 for RTC developers.

My query is this information is correct?

And all our users will be using  RTC eclipse client 3.0.1 with our RTC prduction server 4.0.0.1 for some more time.

So will it be ok if I do configuration changes in RTC eclipse client 4.0.01 and it will work for RTC eclipse client 3.0.1?

Thanks,

Kavita

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Dec 13 '12, 3:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kavita,

this depends on if the extensions are on the server. Extensions on the server should work with all compatible client versions. You can use a RTC 3.x client against a 4.x server for example during upgrades.

If you have client extensions (behavior), there might be differences based on the client you install. If you deploy your own client extensions you might have to maintain different versions of them.

kavita herur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
kavita herur commented Dec 13 '12, 5:48 a.m.

Thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.