It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I customize a project dashboard with a link to create a specific type of work item?

Tony Berman (2113) | asked Dec 11 '12, 3:12 p.m.
Most of my users will be either working on existing work items or creating a custom type. Can I have a link or button on the dashboard to launch a new work item of that type on the dashboard? Of course they can always pull it down from the work item menu, but this will be more obvious for new users.

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Dec 12 '12, 4:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This post extends your question...

4 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Dec 12 '12, 9:59 a.m.
Re "whats the link to create a work item":

You can copy the URL that appears in your browser when you create a new work item from the Work Items menu.  Note that if you drop the ts attribute from the query string, your browser will be redirected to a URL with an updated ts value.  For the out of the box defect type, the URL would be:
https://SERVER:9443/ccm/web/projects/PROJECT_AREA_NAME#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=defect

Comments
Tony Berman commented Dec 12 '12, 11:33 a.m.

This works.  Many thanks, including to Hajo who asked the right follow up question.

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Dec 11 '12, 4:56 p.m.
Yes, you can add an HTML widget to the dashboard and add the link or button there.  See this topic in the documentation on how to add a widget.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.jazz.dashboard.doc/topics/t_add_viewlet.html

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Dec 12 '12, 4:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ok, but what's the link to create a work item or the html-code to a button doing this?

permanent link
kuo hao tah (1142830) | answered Nov 11 '13, 11:04 p.m.
Hi there,

I've tried the suggestion above, but am hitting for following error, saying invalid UUID,

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks,
KH

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.