It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import and Export documents

Felipe Machado (111) | asked Dec 07 '12, 2:52 p.m.
The use cases are written in Microsoft Word (.doc) and being imported into RRC, but after exporting this artifact back to a .doc, it doesn't demonstrate the formatting it had inside RRC. (e.g.: the size of the logos and some text tabs).
Would any configuration need to be done in order for the documents and consequently import export is successful? 

Comments
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva commented Dec 07 '12, 3:28 p.m.

I have the same problem. I am using the sandbox at jazz.net.
I added a couple of images to a text requirement. When they were added, they were too big, so I made them smaller and saved. When I export the requirement to pdf, the images are exported with their original size, and not their current size (after I made them smaller and saved).

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 21 '13, 4:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could adjust your Word document template so that the styles more closely match what you see in the RRC web client.  But I consider that a relatively undesirable work-around, and I think defect(s) should be raised against RRC to address this.

I have also manually adjusted individual documents once in a while. For example, adding a half a line after each paragraph makes the spacing between paragraphs look similar to the web client.  Again, I think RRC should do that for you (and for me!).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.