It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JBE - Notify when build succeeds AFTER failure

E B (533) | asked Nov 29 '12, 8:07 a.m.
I'm on RTC3, using JBE for continuous integration.  The notification features are working great to tell the person(s) who delivered the change(s) that they "broke the build".   We are also cc'ing the tech. lead on these failures.

I'm now looking for a way to send out another notification when the build succeeds after the failure to tell the person(s) who delivered the change(s) and the tech. lead that the build is back to normal.

To be clear, I don't want email on every success... only when the build succeeds after a failure. 

So after success, it seems I need to look at the last build result, see if it was a failure, get information about the failed build result to do the notification, etc.

Do you know if this is possible to implement with the JBE ANT tasks or any other way?  Any samples to share?

Thanks very much!,

Eric

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 29 '12, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Eric, if you want to use it in the JBE, you could use the plain java client library see https://jazz.net/library/article/807 and http://ryehle.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/custom-build-result-pruner/ for inspirations. Otherwise I assume you would have to create a server extension that looks at build results. As far as I am aware you need 4.x to do that, because there was an issue with build events. In the server, you could use the Jazz e-mail server.
E B selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
E B commented Nov 29 '12, 12:27 p.m.

Thanks!  I'll look in to these references.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 29 '12, 12:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.