It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

publish z/OS artifact in the build result - artifactFilePublisher

Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | asked Nov 27 '12, 4:23 p.m.
Hi,

I'm wondering if I can publish the output created during a dependency build (on the z/OS) to the build result. Something like artifactFilePublisher with support for members on the z/OS.

Regards,
Bernd.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered Nov 29 '12, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the outputs are texts, you can publish them as log files by setting the publish flag of the DD allocation in the translator.  But I guess you are looking for a way to publish binaries, probably program objects and it would not be easy even though it might not impossible.

In the z/OS dependency build, a build creates a build report (buildReport.xml), which summarizes the output files generated in a build.  There is another file called generatedOutputs.properties, which lists the output files in the properties file format.  I think you need to parse either of files to get the list of output members to be published and convert those members into a sequential file in the transferable XMIT format using TSO TRANSMIT command.

After a sequential file is obtained, you can issue z/OS Unix's cp (or mv) command to copy (or move) the sequential data set to a file in the z/OS Unix file system.  Once the file is copied on the Unix file system, you can use artifactFilePublisher.

Theoretically, those process can be performed in the "Post-Build Command Line" configuration for your dependency build definition.  But it would require some coding and I have never done it by myself.

Tami
Bernd van Oostrum selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.