It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Feature development in RRC/How to make them available from a menu in web client?

nicolas teulier (821813) | asked Nov 27 '12, 1:30 a.m.
 Hello,

We actually have a requirement management process supported by DOORS tool and a set of DXL utilities (attributes, layouts, but also scripts deployed in menus).

We'd like to evaluate RRC to support our process.
I think we have figured out how to implement it based on RRC tool but some part that where DXL automated are now manual operations... and will not make the implementation of this process efficient (or the process itself !)

So I'm working on improving the process but I'd like to investigate tool solution too (it would be easier to introduce only a new tool than a new tool and a new process if we decide to move to RRC).

I've read a bit of documentation and I've seen that you can customise RTC/RRC coding some plugins but I've not find anything on how to integrate these plugins into the RRC web UI.

Is it possible ? (for example just to have a new menu that once clicked will display a "hello world" pop up) If yes, how should it be done? (I've not been able to find an example... sorry if it already exists!)

We don't really care about RRC version (could be the 4.0.1 that is not yet the final one)

Thanks a lot!

Nicolas

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Nov 28 '12, 4:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RRC Web interface cannot be modified at this time so you won't be able to integrate any plug in code to the application. We do have a few work item based requests where others have expressed a similar desire to what is in DOORS. Add in code (developed through the RM OSLC rest interface) would have to be run separately at this time.

jared pulham
product manager, RM Tools
nicolas teulier selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
nicolas teulier (821813) | answered Nov 28 '12, 2:57 p.m.
Thanks for the answer Jared.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.