It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC on WAS is running out of native memory

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Nov 16 '12, 1:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When running RTC on WAS using a 64 bit operating system, I am getting a native memory exhausted message in the WAS log. I have lots of memory available but I am getting a memory exhausted message regardless.  How configure my WAS JVM to use more memory?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Nov 16 '12, 2:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 16 '12, 2:39 p.m.
 WAS automatically will use the -Xcompressedrefs JVM option which compresses the address references to 32bits, however this has the side effect of limiting the object heap to a theoretical 32GB, however because some internal JVM structures need to be allocated below 4GB in this mode, it is possible to run out of address space below 4GB. So to allow unrestricted address space you can add the argument -Xnocompressedrefs to the WAS JVM that will override the implicit WAS setting of -Xcompressedrefs.  The address references would then be 64bits and would allow the entire heap to be used.
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.