It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-ClearCase synchronizer requires ClearQuest credentiald although the UCM Project is not ClearQuest Enabled

Amit Kravzov (1351616) | asked Nov 16 '12, 5:40 a.m.
Hi,

I have the following configuration:
UCM Project A (ClearQuest Disabled)
UCM Project B (ClearQuest Enabled)
Both projects contain component C1 and modify it.
Project B deliver C1 changes to Project A.

Then, I created RTC synchronized stream S1 to synchronize it include history (import baselines) with Project A's Integration stream.
All I need is to import ClearCase baselines, without synchronizing ClearQuest records or add anything to ClearQuest records.

Although Project A is ClearQuest Disabled, import stiil fail as it try to login ClearQuest.

1. Does it make sense that there is a ClearQuest login attempt in this scenario? Is it a bug?
2. If so, is there a way to cancel it?
3. If it is not possible to disable it, what will be written in ClearQuest defects during the import to RTC?  

Thanks,
Amit.

Comments
Masabumi koinuma commented Nov 16 '12, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Amit, would you elaborate on the ClearQuest Disabled project? I guess it would be one of:
A) the UCM project has never been CQ-enabled,
B) the UCM project has been CQ-enabled once, then it is disabled now, or
C) the UCM project has been CQ-enabled but is suspended.
Which one is your case?

Amit Kravzov commented Nov 18 '12, 2:30 a.m.

Hi,

UCM Project A has never been CQ-enabled.

Amit. 

Masabumi koinuma commented Nov 20 '12, 1:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Amit,

Unfortunately, it sounds like a bug. I'd encourage you to file a PMR.

Going back to your original question, I don't think it would make a change to ClearQuest defects while you import from UCM project A or project B. The synchronizer accesses ClearQuest system to look up headlines, descriptions, etc.

If you make a change in the RTC stream and synchornize it out to ClearCase, it would create a new CQ record, anyway.

3 answers

permanent link
cunxia sun (111) | answered Nov 26 '12, 2:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am able to reproduce the error.  In this case, syncing stream S1 should not  try to login to CQ. (I will open defect for this).
For now, if you want to workaround the problem to make the sync succeed, right-click on sync stream "S1", Properties -> ClearCase Properties,  Change the default value for "CLEARQUEST_*" so you can login to CQ.

permanent link
cunxia sun (111) | answered Nov 26 '12, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ignore the workaround in my previous comment. Let me try to see if anything will be written to CQ DB when syncing the baselines to RTC.

Comments
Amit Kravzov commented Nov 27 '12, 8:34 a.m.

Could you please supply the PMR\Defect number?

Regarding the workaround, please inform us what will be written in CQ DB in order to decide whether it will still fit for us.

we want to prevent such "writings" to the CQ DB as much as possibl .e.

cunxia sun commented Nov 27 '12, 12:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The workitem is: RTC-ClearCase synchronizer requires ClearQuest credential although the UCM Project is not ClearQuest Enabled (242362).

I did not see anything written to CQ DB when importing the baselines to RTC. There are comments in the above workitem suspecting there are attempts to read the CQrecord headline. There is no writing to CQ DBs in this case.

Amit Kravzov commented Nov 27 '12, 1:00 p.m.

So, would you say it is safe for us to enter values into "CLEARQUEST_*" and run the import?

permanent link
cunxia sun (111) | answered Nov 27 '12, 1:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes. It is safe to run the import.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.