It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to determine change times?

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Mar 16 '11, 1:08 p.m.
I'm trying to extract various pieces of information out of an IChangeHistory. One of the pieces of information I need to extract is when each change to an IVersionable was made. Curiosly IChange doesn't expose this information as I expected it would...where is the best place to find it?

Is resolving the "afterState" against the change history's configuration the right way? How does that work for DELETE changes where the after state is null?

I'm also having a hard time determining the canonical name of an IVersionable (using locateAncestors/determineAncestorsInHistory) when said versionable was created, renamed & then deleted all withing the same baseline era.

5 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 17 '11, 8:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Changes are contained in a change set so you may want the IChangeSet#getLastChangeDate.

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Mar 17 '11, 8:46 a.m.
Changes are contained in a change set so you may want the IChangeSet#getLastChangeDate.

Won't that give an aggregate view of all of the the changes in the set? Is it not possible to see when the modifications, whatever they might be, are actually checked into the workspace?

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Mar 29 '11, 11:40 a.m.
Any update on how to determine the actual delete date for a versionable?

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Mar 30 '11, 9:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To get that information, you would need to access the previous states of the change set to look for the one where that files was first deleted. You can get the previous state of a change set using the #getPredecessorState method.

permanent link
rica monete (6) | answered Apr 06 '11, 7:39 p.m.
To get that information, you would need to access the previous states of the change set to look for the one where that files was first deleted. You can get the previous state of a change set using the #getPredecessorState method.

Thanks for all of your informations. A while ago, Im also searching for the answers on how to know the actual delete for a versionable. Yet I found the answers. Thanks, the support team is so good here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.