It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we customize the file History display?

Charles Cruse (1521213) | asked Nov 15 '12, 5:53 p.m.
When we select Show History for a file, we get a History view that has up to 4 columns, Merges, Comment, Creator, and Date Created.

We would like to customize this view to have additional columns. 

Specifically, we would like to have a work item column, including the work item icon, so we could know if this change set was for a defect, a task, or some other type of work item - the change set icon does not help us determine this.  Ideally, you would then be able to click on the work item and bring up that particular work item.

Also, we want to add our tags field, but really this should be able to be any field that is in our work item - customized or not.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 16 '12, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Charles,

I have not found a way to do that.

I have looked into extending views for a customer and I found it relatively easy for tree views. Although you can't add a column, you can use a Lightweight Label Decorator extension to add some decoration.

The SCM history view however, is a table view and I did not find a standard eclipse mechanism to add columns. I don't think the view provides an extension point either. You would have to create your own history view, as far as I can tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.