It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are all RM Projects listed and not the one's a user is a member of?

Dustan Daniel (3921823) | asked Nov 06 '12, 1:14 a.m.

Using CLM 4.0.0.1 and when using the My Projects Widget, the My Requirements Project widget and browsing RM projects from the Home button, all RM projects are being listed and not the ones I am member of.

Is there any additional configuration needed / how do I ensure only the RM projects a user is associated to are displayed as CCM and QM works?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Nov 06 '12, 4:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please check:
1. If you are in JazzAdmins group, you will see all the projects in the widget.
2. If you are the project administrator, you will see the project in the widget.
3. If read access of the project is set to Everyone, everyone will see the project in the widget.
Dustan Daniel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dustan Daniel commented Nov 06 '12, 5:40 a.m.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. 

This would make sense, however, I have heard from a number of my users I support that they still see all RM projects. All of them are in JazzUsers, only a few are Project Admins and the majority of RM projects' read access is set to "Members of the project area hierarchy"

Qiong Feng Huang commented Nov 07 '12, 4:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Looks strange to me. If you can reproduce the problem, I would suggest you file a defect for this problem.

One other answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Aug 05 '13, 5:43 p.m.
 I can reproduce this too with 4.0.3. The user is in the JazzUsers group, not a member of the project area, and I removed all of the few remaining read/save permissions from the OOTB default "Everyone" role.  And that user can still see the project area in his list. 

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Aug 05 '13, 6:15 p.m.

Here is the WI link: https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=67400

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.