It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why the RTC Client issued "You don't have permission to Save Build Definition [server]." when I wanted to but before I have ever saved one?

Ying Wang (3123) | asked Oct 25 '12, 6:08 a.m.
Hi,
I am a newbie to use RTC and Jazz Team Build.
When I installed the Jazz Build Engine, started and created the build definition, requested build, the engine can get the request but the build failed. The failed said that:
2012-10-25 17:30:02 [Jazz build engine] running on host: oc6036883841.ibm.com
2012-10-25 17:30:02 [Jazz build engine] Should build occur?
2012-10-25 17:30:02 [Jazz build engine] Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
2012-10-25 17:30:03 [Jazz build engine] Invoking pre-build participant "com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm"
2012-10-25 17:30:06 [Jazz build engine] Fetching files to fetch destination "/opt/ibm/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/alex-demo" ...
com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility$2: Status ERROR: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 Cannot create sandbox at /opt/ibm/TeamConcertBuild/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/alex-demo because one already exists at /opt/ibm null
    at com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:625)
    at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:238)
    at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:844)
    at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:650)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:811)

Indeed, one of my colleagues ever tried use the /opt/ibm directory to help, but no gain. Also, Do anyone could help about this?

Then I wanted to created another build definition, it couldn't be saved. The error log said: You don't have permission to Save Build Definition [server]. And I don't know why. Could you help me?

Thank you very much!

Ying Wang

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 25 '12, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I found a forum post with a very similar error message, and the suggestion is to delete the .jazz5 directory at /opt/ibm:  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/80198/visual-studio-2010-build-fails-in-rtc-40.

For the build permission error - In the Eclipse client in the Team Artifacts view, right click on your project area and choose Open.  Click on the Process Configuration tab.  Expand Team Configuration and click on Permissions.  Click on the various roles to see which role has the Save Build Definition box checked.  Be sure that you have that role assigned to your user id.
Ying Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.