It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some members are unable to create execution records

Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | asked Oct 24 '12, 3:42 p.m.
 Some members in the team are having trouble creating execution records. 

I have 2 members with the same RQM access and one can create the TERs and the other can't.

They can go to the point to select the owner, iteration and even the platform. But clicking on the Next button doesn't take from Step 1 to Step 2. The user remains in Step 1 and there are no error or warning messages.

Comments
Alex Fitzpatrick commented Oct 24 '12, 6:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

>  But clicking on the Next button doesn't take from Step 1 to Step 2.

That sounds like a javascript problem (if it's the web client). Can you use developer tools to determine if a javascript error is occurring? (F12 in IE and Chrome, use Firebug extension in Firefox) 

Alex Fitzpatrick commented Oct 25 '12, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Vijay contacted me via email, it's clearly a product defect of some kind and I have advised him to log it. 

2 answers

permanent link
Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | answered Oct 25 '12, 10:32 a.m.
I checked with the team member and following is the answer I got.

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Oct 26 '12, 2:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

if you add ?debug=true to the URL, the console will reveal more detail error useful for developers
e.g. https://localhost:9443/jazz/web/console/Quality Manager?debug=true

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Oct 25 '12, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Vijay,
"I have 2 members with the same RQM access and one can create the TERs and the other can't."

Are the 2 members using the same Browser and version? Based on the above screenshot, it seems one is using Chrome. It would be helpful to know if that user (the one currently encountering the issue with Chrome) encounters the issue when using FF (10.x ESR) or IE(8 or 9)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.