It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difference between Rational OSLC Adapter for HP ALM and Work Item 44237

Saran Kathirvelu (36911) | asked Oct 23 '12, 12:54 p.m.
retagged Feb 22 '13, 12:04 p.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623)
What is the difference between the Rational OSLC Adapter for HP ALM (with RRC integration) and the Work Item 44237- HP-QC Integration to RM (CLM)? Are both the same in terms of functionality?
Our organization is looking for a synchronization solution (i.e., physical movement of requirement artifacts) between RRC and ALM/QC and I understand that neither the Adapter or the RM integration support it. But can the User/Tester in ALM/QC atleast view the requirement artifact (primary text) without accessing RRC? 

Note:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian King (46) | answered Oct 25 '12, 7:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Rational OSLC Adapter for HP ALM and the adapter referenced in the work item are the same. This adapter is now generally available and supported. The following blog has more details: https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2012/10/22/extending-your-rational-alm-solutions-to-third-party-tools-with-the-ibm-rational-lifecycle-integration-adapters/. This blog also references a live demo session happening today which may be a good opportunity for you to see what the adapter does and ask any questions that you may have.
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dean Richardson (6) | answered Oct 23 '12, 8:11 p.m.
 There are companies like mine who offer tools and services which synchronize between the platform specifically because there is a gap in this area. 

ALM Solutions Group has a tool for synchronizing artifacts between HP-ALM and RTC/RRC/RQM

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.