It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC clearcsase bridge login problem

Dnyanesh Markad (291825) | asked Oct 12 '12, 5:11 a.m.
 I am developing a plug-in for locking the clearcase activity from RTC client with workitem status change as "complete". But i am getting error as "No permission to perform operation "lock"."

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 12 '12, 3:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Since ClearCase uses your OS identity, you need to check what OS identify that the plug-in is running as.  Then login as that OS identity, and try the lock operation via cleartool.   If you cannot figure out what OS identify your plug-in is running as, followup to this forum.  If you get an error from cleartool that you don't understand, then you'll want to start a thread in the ClearCase forum:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=333

Dnyanesh Markad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dnyanesh Markad commented Oct 15 '12, 12:39 a.m.

I am not able to figureout what os identity my olug-in is running as..

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 15 '12, 1:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To find out what OS identity you are running as, you can execute the whoami command ... to execute this command from within java, the easiest is probably to just spawn a shell process (e.g. http://www.java-forums.org/advanced-java/731-get-output-whoami.html).  I'm not an expert at plug-in OS identity, but I would imagine a plugin running within eclipse will normally just run with whatever OS identity invoked the eclipse executable, while a plugin running on the server would run with whatever OS identity invoked the server.   To get an authoritative answer, I'd suggest posting a new question on "What OS identity does my RTC plugin run as" (and indicate what kind of plug-ins you are interested in).

Dnyanesh Markad commented Oct 31 '12, 3:02 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey..!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.