It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating test artifact links to Rational Doors through REST APIs

Naveen TJ (144) | asked Oct 05 '12, 5:44 p.m.
In RQM, through custom code, I want to create links with requirements which are present in DOORS. Assuming that I have all the information for the requirements in DOORS which needs to be linked to the test artifact, can we programmatically (using REST APIs) accomplish this? If so, kindly provide some pointers to the REST APIs.

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 26 '12, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The main difference is the number of resources supported.  The RQM Reportable REST API supports all resources (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Resources_and_their_Supported_Op) whereas the OSLC QM V2 API only supports 5 resources (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/QmSpecificationV2?sortcol=table;up=#QM_Resource_Definitions).  For more details, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmOslcQmV2Api#RQM_Reportable_REST_API.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Oct 09 '12, 3:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,
to link to DOORS requirement you need to use RQM OSLC API  instead of REST APIs.

Comments
Chandrahasa Reddy D commented Oct 26 '12, 3:00 a.m. | edited Oct 26 '12, 3:31 a.m.

Hi Hao Wan,
Requirement links are not getting copied to destination when I do POST operation.
is this limitation of POST method / is there any other way where we can get requirement links from DOORS copied to destination ? Also, it would be great if you can give me some sample code for how to add requirements of DOORS to test case using RQM OSLC API..

Hao Wan commented Oct 26 '12, 3:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Chandrahasa,
what do you mean by "copied to destination"? do you mean you add the DOORS requirement artifact link to qm artifact and do a post but the link doesn't created on the server side?

Chandrahasa Reddy D commented Oct 26 '12, 4:01 a.m.

you are right ! .. Test case xx is linked to requirement yy, and I do POST on Test Case xx and requirement yy is not copied in test case zz which is created by POST method. Please suggest..

Hao Wan commented Oct 26 '12, 4:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

hmm, why you do a POST on test case xx with requirement yy and want to link to testcase zz,
may be you mean test case xx,
one suggestion is link a test case aa with DOORS requirement yy on the web UI and get theĀ  testcase XML through OSLC API, that check whether the DOORS requirement link is the same as you used in the POST method to the testcase.

Chandrahasa Reddy D commented Oct 26 '12, 6:44 a.m.

Thanks.. Can you tell me what is the difference between REST API and OSLC API ?
I used REST API for getting XML, I could see DOORS link tag, and I used same XML for POST ing into RQM server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.