It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add link to workitem in the COBOL Source?

Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | asked Oct 04 '12, 1:57 p.m.
How can I insert a link to a workitem in a COBOL Source?
I digged around in Info Center, Internet, jazz.net but I could not find a way to do it.  I know the ooposite, I mean I know how to insert a link TO source IN the workitem,  but seems like I can also do what I am looking for, because I saw a PPT presentation that shows a Cobol Source code with a link to work Item.    Can you direct me?

Comments
Arne Bister commented Oct 04 '12, 3:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you referring to the annotation of source code? I am not sure if this works for COBOL sources, but with e.g. Java and C sources when you open them in annotate mode (in Eclipse), there is a vertical bar next to the source code. The boxes in that bar correspond to change sets and their associated work items that last modified the line of source code next to it. When you hover over the box next to the source code line, you can hit F2 and click on the link to open the associated work item.

What use case are you trying to realize by inserting the link? What role will realize which value by having that link added in the source?

2 answers

permanent link
Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | answered Oct 04 '12, 3:16 p.m.
Actually the chart shows a link to WorkItem added in a JCL source, but I think it is the same for COBOL Sources.. On the Use Case motivation, is that it is common in the z/OS environment to put comments in the source with a line  saying something like:  
** Modified by xxxx.zzzz  for blabla..        and we could add a link to the work item that did this modification ..
The chart that I mentioned is the following:

permanent link
Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | answered Oct 04 '12, 3:19 p.m.
Link to workitem in source

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.