It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

finding work items with incorrect planned for values

Erik anderson (38315029) | asked Oct 01 '12, 3:50 p.m.
I want to find all work items that are children of work items planned for iteration X but are not themselves planned for iteration X.  I tried writing a query where the Planned For is not part of X and Parent > Planned For is part of X but it doesn't return the correct results (I get some work items where parent and child are both planned for iteration X).

Is there a better way to find these work items?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 02 '12, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Eric,

I am pretty sure this is almost impossible to do with a query. There are limitations on what a query can do today, especially with respect to relationships and conditions such as exists and for all.

You can try to create a query that returns all items planned for the iteration in the eclipse client and then show the parent relationship. You can unfold the parents and see the planned for of both.

I think it might be easier to create a plan for the iteration. In the work breakdown view you should see all the parents and they would indicate if they are planned for a different iteration.

Erik anderson selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Erik anderson (38315029) | answered Oct 02 '12, 6:24 a.m.
Thanks Ralph - that works

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 02 '12, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Erik, please accept the answer if it works for you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.