It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Support for interopt Windows/Ux in RTC

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Oct 01 '12, 10:35 a.m.
How does RTC support interopt? We currently support both Windows and Ux development were users work on the same code base.    How (if at all ) does RTC support interoperability?

Also we're planning on migrating from Clearcase to RTC and plan to just import the latest + perhaps a previous release or 2  using a native dir structure - a snapshot view (no connector/bridge/sync).  I assume if there is no interopt support, we would need to create a view for the most used OS in development. For example a unix based snapshot view.

I'd like to hear how others are supporting this?

Regards
Norm

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 01 '12, 6:14 p.m. | edited Oct 01 '12, 6:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In a case like this where you have two separate questions, it is best to post them separately (even if they are somewhat related).   Otherwise, your secondary question might easily be ignored, and even if it is answered, it will be answered under the wrong question title, and will be hard for subsequent users to find.    I'll wait until you have split out the migration topic into its own question, before commenting on it.   Also, please remember to phrase your question title in the form of a question.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 01 '12, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Norn, you can use the SCM component in Linux as well as in windows based clients. the SCM system remembers properties for example if a file is executable.

I would probably use a Linx based client to import/share the data. I would suggest looking into the Jazz SCM properties of the files. For example encoding and file delimiters. Unix systems seem to have issues with windows line delimiters, especially for scripts.

Once the code is shared, you should be able to load the same repository workspace on Windows and check in and out without problems. I have not done this a lot, so I don't know if there are catches.

Norman Dignard selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.