It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on RQM 2.0 on linking testcases and requiremnts

Brijraj Beriwal (1311417) | asked Sep 25 '12, 6:59 a.m.
In RQM  2.0  can  I link  Requirement and Test Cases using ExcelImporter Add Ins  or any  other way  programattically ?

2 answers

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 25 '12, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Near as I can tell the ExcelImporter supported requirements artifacts in 2.0 but I have not been successful linking them to test cases.  That linkage may have come later.  I'm going to contact development for possible further detail.

Comments
Brijraj Beriwal commented Sep 26 '12, 1:56 a.m.

Hi jerry....Have u tried the utility named "Testcaseupdater" given on the following url http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21416290 ....? If yes could you please tell the shortest way of executing this so that testcases and requirements get linked efficiently?

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Sep 26 '12, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
the Testcaseupdater will add link to the artifact that have the same external id. the quickest way I think for the sample is to set the testcase using testcase.XLSArtifactID=A, which is the same with the requirement.

Comments
Brijraj Beriwal commented Sep 27 '12, 2:26 a.m.

Hey hao,

i tried the above by keeping 

testcase.XLSArtifactID=A 

requirement.XLSArtifactID=A

However I have a condition wherein there are 3 testcases associated with 1 requirment...but only the last testcase of requirment is getting exported although the linking takes place....

Hao Wan commented Sep 27 '12, 2:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

yes, the testcaseUpdater only link test case and requirement with the same external id.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.