It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report generation in RQM 4.0

Shivanand Divekar (621112) | asked Sep 24 '12, 4:51 a.m.
I am trying to generate reports in CLM4.0 - QM. I am trying out report - Execution Status by Owner using TCER Count (Live)* which is available in Shared Reports.
While selecting parameters, there are some parameters which do not have any values. I am leaving them as it is. For other parameters I am selecting all values listed in the box. However, I am not getting any data in report when I run it. Only header of the report is displayed.
Please let me know whether I am missing any thing? or I need to install any component to generate report?

Comments
Mark Victory commented Sep 24 '12, 8:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

What happens if you run the report with just all the Test Plan selected? Do you have an TCERs created for Test Cases in the seletect Test Plan(s)?

Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 24 '12, 9:15 a.m.

Yes, this TCER count is the most important thing for generating TER related reports. It had been missed from my mind. :)

2 answers

permanent link
Vivek Agarwal (325) | answered Sep 24 '12, 8:55 a.m.
 Hi Shivanand, Please check if you have selected all necessarily parameters (not only Required ones) for generating report as sometimes only selecting required parameters are is enough.

Comments
Mark Victory commented Sep 24 '12, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Actually, selecting parameters only reduces the data that is in the report. When you select no values for a parameter it is essentially equivalent to selecting them all. So the best test, just to see if you get results, is to select only the Test Plan(s) you want to see results for and don't select anything in the other parameters.

Vivek Agarwal commented Sep 24 '12, 9:17 a.m.

Yeah, you are right Mark. We can use other parameters for filtering purpose as per our need.

permanent link
Shivanand Divekar (621112) | answered Sep 26 '12, 3:52 a.m.

Thanks Mark.This worked. I am now getting data in the reports.

Actually, I am looking for a report which will tell me about number of TCERs assigned to a tester along with their estimated time duration. Reports using weights of test cases are available, but they do not help me in scheduling.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.