It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RIDW.SEQ_D_DATE db2 level sequence used within the Jazz data warehouse database?

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Sep 22 '12, 4:38 p.m.
edited Sep 22 '12, 4:38 p.m.
I am in the process of trying to move a set of RTC databases (jts, dw and ccm) from an AIX box to a Linux ADM box.  I mostly have it done, using db2look and db2move, however, there is one thing I am a bit worried about.  In that database, there is a sequence defined, called RIDW.SEQ_D_DATE.  I want to ensure that the current sequence value is in the new database matches the old one.  In the db2 documentation, the command used to check the current value is:

db2 values previous value for RIDW.SEQ_D_DATE

I ran this command against both the original dw and the moved dw databases, and got back the same return value.

-----------
SQL0845N  A PREVIOUS VALUE expression cannot be used before the NEXT VALUE
expression generates a value in the current session for sequence "SEQID = 6". 
SQLSTATE=51035

This appears to be saying, that the sequence has never been used in my original database, but I don't understand whey the sequence would be defined if it is never used?  Can someone shed some light on this?  Thanks.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.