It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way of getting a list of workitem categories for a specific Project Area using BIRT?

Boris Fornaris (0145) | asked Sep 21 '12, 9:54 a.m.
I need to create a dinamic parameter, recovering a specific atribute for certain workitemCategory. In the table LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT I only can get the attribute WI_TYPE but I dont know what category it belongs.

Is there any way of getting a list of workitemType and  workItemCategories for a specific Project Area using BIRT?

Thank you
Best regards
Boris

5 answers

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Sep 22 '12, 8:31 p.m.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20

Scroll down to the Live_Workitem_Cnt

Category_Name String The name of the category which the work item belongs to. This is a concatenation of the simple name of this category with the simple name of all parent categories. For example, "/Reports/UI/Web".

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered Sep 24 '12, 6:45 a.m.

Thank you Clement but those are not workItem-categories. Its not the same. I have defined 7 workitem-categories. I can't see those categories in the table you mention.

In order to see the workItem category you must follow these steps:

- Open Project Area ->Tab Project configuration -> Expand (+) Project configuration -> WorkItems -> Types and Attributes

Select a workItem type and you can see just in the right: Name, ID, Category, Icon...etc

I need to find that information in RTC DataWareHouse but I can't find it.

Best regards

Boris

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54349) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:20 a.m.
Hrm... just double checked and I did see the Category by using the "WI_TYPE" column in the LIVE_WORITEM_CNT table... Here are the screen shots:

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered Sep 24 '12, 10:32 a.m.
edited Sep 24 '12, 10:34 a.m.

Hello Clement

A workItem has two porperties:

WorkItemType and WorkItemCategory

This column WI_TYPE shows all workItemType, but doesn't show the workItemCategory

In the sreenshot, I can see com.ibm.team.apt.workItemType.story but I can't see com.ibm.team.workitem.workItemType.story

I fixed the issue using two filters. I used the filter "match"  to get by.

Thank you anyway.

Comments
Clement Liu commented Sep 25 '12, 7:24 p.m.

ahh...yes, "match"? Can you attach a screen shot? Thanks.

permanent link
Boris Fornaris (0145) | answered Sep 26 '12, 3:48 a.m.
edited Sep 26 '12, 7:10 a.m.

I can't attach a image because I don't have more than 60 points, but I can explain it to you.

Lol. I did a fudge. I did it to get by. I'm sure this is not the better solutions but I don't have much time.
First I defined workitems that begin with the same string for the same workitem category. Then I made a match for that string.

<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OS" name="Orden de servicio"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCV" name="Construcción VEGA"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCB" name="Construcción HOST"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCF" name="Construcción fatwire"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCETL" name="Construcción ETL"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCABAP" name="Construcción"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSDABAP" name="Diseño ABAP"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSMF" name="Modelo físico"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSCM" name="Construcción MIRA"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSRU" name="Revisión usabilidad "/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSPBI" name="Parametrización BI"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSPOMSAP" name="Parametrización"/>
<type category="com.ibm.san.vwp.OS" id="com.ibm.san.wi.OSDP" name="Diseño de procesos"/>

Then at the Birt Dataset I defined a filter in LIVE_WORITEM_CNT table to get all workItemsType for one Category

row["WI_TYPE"] match "com.ibm.san.wi.OS"

Comments
Boris Fornaris commented Sep 26 '12, 7:09 a.m.

Hi Clement Sorry, I tried to underline sentences but the system showed the entities. Notice that for one Category all workitems ID beginning with the same string.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.