It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running RTCi Beta Provision_profile Error

Bleddyn Williams (111) | asked Sep 26 '08, 5:55 a.m.
Hi we are trying to get the RTCi BETA code up and running, we are using WAS 6.1.0.17. When the application is starting it says the following in the log. Not sure why it says the profile bath is not there because it is. When the application has started we can login but get no data back on the screens?

0000001e SystemOut O 10:48:26,696 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0304I The profile path "/QIBM/UserData/RTCi/V1/TeamServer/jazz/sever/provision_profiles" does not exist. Check that the System Property "com.ibm.team.repository.provision.profile" is set correctly.
00000016 ServletWrappe I SRVE0242I: : Initialization successful.
00000016 WebApp W Error while adding servlet mapping --> /* Please set fileServingEnabled=false in the ibm-web-ext.xmi file which is under WEB-INF folder.
[

2 answers

permanent link
Alex Akilov (19111) | answered Sep 26 '08, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bleddyn,

Welcome to the world of RTCi.

We've tried to make this simpler in future RTC/RTCi drops as discussed in
work item 60027.

The following attachment from that work item includes a couple of python
scripts (fronted by QSH scripts) along with a readme that explains how to
deploy and run these scripts.

https://jazz.net/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.rest.IAttachmentRestService/com.ibm.team.workitem.Attachment/repo/csid/Attachment/JvmAndIni.ZIP?itemId=_n9smkW-7Ed2FIcRyWxVI0A&id=14475

RTCi will include these scripts in future drops to reduce the possibility
of errors during setup.

See also the discussion in thread
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1973 which prompted us to create
these scripts.

permanent link
Matthew Clement (16) | answered Sep 30 '08, 4:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bleddyn,

From your description it sounds like some of your problems could be coming from a setup issue. However, it's tough to debug these types of problems without more information. If you'd like to debug this we'd be happy to help, but we would need more information on your setup. Perhaps some screen shots of your Jazz Admin and WAS consoles? What do your teamserver.properties and provision_profiles ini files look like?

I would definitely recommend trying the scripts in the link provided in the thread--they greatly simplify the setup process. I'm not certain why your user name and password doesn't work for that link. Another way to access this attachment is to navigate from the http://jazz.net home page, choose "Bug Tracking", enter the Enhancement number 60027 and choose the "Attachments" link from the Quick Information box on the right. From there you will see the JvmAndIni.zip file which you should then be able to save.

You should also receive some information shortly from Claire Davey with regards to our managed beta program we are running. If you complete the nomination form and return it back to us and would like to join the program then we are in a much better position to support you on problems like this. Specifically with respect to the scripts included in the enhancement, our managed beta program documentation details the use of these scripts and I believe they can help simplify your process greatly. If you plan to join the managed beta program you may want to hold off on further modifications of your setup in favor of starting fresh with the managed beta driver.

Let me know if you are able to obtain and run the scripts navigating through the Jazz home page instead of linking directly to the attachment. If so, I can provide you with more information on how to run the scripts. Or...if you decide to join our managed beta program we can pick up from there.

Matt.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.