It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting up RRDI for CLM 4.0 - reports with NO DATA AVAILABLE

Milan Krivic (98013176143) | asked Aug 27 '12, 8:49 a.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 10:32 a.m.
Hi,

I have upgraded CLM from 3.0.1.2 version to CLM 4.0. In 4.0 version, I decided to use RRDI instead of BIRT reporting. I installed RRDI as following instructions, but I can't get any data from CLM on report.
I set all connections to RRDI in all CLM application parts (jts, jazz, qm), I also added RRDI reporting URL as a trusted client.
Can anyone tell me where can I find useful documentation for this kind of RRDI setup.

Regards,

10 answers

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Aug 28 '12, 12:14 p.m.
Hi Michael,

I tried what you told me.

I can access to all tables what you mentioned through data level at DB2, and I can load all data without any problems.

Also, I can access to report studio and query studio, and as I mentioned before, I build a separate package through Framework Manager regarding the requests (work items), and successfully published it to RRDI and I can see that component through query and report studio without problems. when I drag&drop for example, requests on report and click arrow to test results, I get a message about NO DATA AVAILABLE.

Also, I am a member of almost all my projects because I am a jazz administrator at my company, so I have access to almost all work items at our CLM system.

I think that problem lies in Data Collection Job Failure in Common snapshot.

Also, your colleagues James Moody and Rafik Jaouani referred me to a next reported bug:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=221037

They assume that my problem could be the similar as problem reported in mentioned bug.

I must deliver them ccm.logs and they suggest me to contact IBM support.

Regards,

permanent link
Kevin Conway (4368) | answered Oct 10 '13, 5:21 p.m.

Hi:

It turns out that the install guide had lead me down the wrong path.  I had created  a second database named RIDW when in fact I needed to connect to the existing DW database I had created for the CLM application.  The fact that the install guide for CLM does not contain the instructions to continue the RRDI install really threw me for a loop.  I only managed to find the error after checking some other problems reported on Jazz.Net and rereading the instructions I found for an earlier version of RRDI.

Would it possible to have the complete set of instructions flow from the Interactive Installation Guide for CLM?  Two other beefs:

1)  The installaion guide suggests that it is not possible to have an Apache webserver for CLM and run RRDI.  It is actually possible to do this.  The installation guide disables the option of installing RRDI if you specify an Apache web server for CLM.

2)  The RRDI downloads are not on the main product page for the other Jazz prodcts.  I had to go hunting for those files.

I think ofther people may be getting stuck on this as well.

Thanks.

kjc

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 31 '14, 4:07 a.m.
Hello Canberk,

you need to disable anonymous access to the report server.
See:

Disabling anonymous access to report server
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_disable_anonymous_access.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Canberk Akduygu commented Apr 01 '14, 3:55 a.m.

that solved my problem.

thank you very much

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Aug 27 '12, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume you installed RRDI 2.0 after upgrading to CLM 4.0.  You can find documentation at 
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_deploying_vega.html

Could you please provide more information about what you mean by "can't get any data from CLM".  Have you successfully run the CLM Data Collection Jobs to load data into the data warehouse?  RRDI queries the data warehouse, so there must be data in there.

Did you load the report archives for the CLM products you're using? Do you see the reports when you browse to the Cognos portal page (http://server:port/reporting?

Do you get any errors when you try to run the reports from the Cognos portal page, or do they show empty reports?

thanks

Mike

Comments
Milan Krivic commented Aug 27 '12, 10:13 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 8:56 a.m.

Hi Mike,

I followed instructions from this site already. As I figured, RRDI 2.0 setup is different from RRDI 1.0.2.x because in RRDI 1.0.2.x you had to set all parameters and values manually, and now, RRDI 2.0 set this values through the setup process, right?

Beside the Custom Report Connections in all three applications (jts, ccm, qm), in version 3.0.1.x of CLM there was a property com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.oauth.OAuthServiceProvider which was set to Trusted client authorization URIs: http://rrdi_host_server:9081/.

Does this property have to be set in version CLM 4.0 also? is the value http://rrdi_host_server:9081/ enough to write or it must be http://rrdi_host_server:9081/reporting?

I loaded Cognos archives, and when I log on to Cognos portal, yes, I see the reports. Starting any of them, I don't get any data.

According to CLM Data Collection Jobs, yes, I successfully run and finished these jobs except Common snapshot.

I also made connection from Framework Manager to RRDI cognos, and deployed a package successfully. I see connection, and it is successful, but when I run report either in Report Studio or through project part in CCM, I don't get any error message, only NO DATA AVAILABLE!

I even looked at the logs, and didn't find anything.

I really can't figure where is the problem.

Thank you,

Milan

Leonardo Marzo commented Aug 27 '12, 10:26 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 8:56 a.m.

I'm dealing with exactly the same problem! Hope somebody may help us. 

Milan Krivic commented Aug 28 '12, 6:59 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 8:57 a.m.

Additional info:

here is my ccm-etl.log error regarding to failed Data Collection Job Common:

com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://clm_server:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation%2FreadAccess%2F%28contributorContextId%7CcontributorUniqueId%29&id=_PjPAzvDtEeGgX85LPpEeyQ&modifiedsince=1899-12-31T00%3A00%3A00.000%2B0100&size=1&pos=108
java.sql.SQLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://clm_server:9443/jazz/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation%2FreadAccess%2F%28contributorContextId%7CcontributorUniqueId%29&id=_PjPAzvDtEeGgX85LPpEeyQ&modifiedsince=1899-12-31T00%3A00%3A00.000%2B0100&size=1&pos=108

I didn't find any related post regarding to HTTP 500.

Regards,

permanent link
Michael Fox (61643) | answered Aug 28 '12, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, The Setup app in RRDI 2.0 does automate more of the configuration process.  However, you still need to create the com.ibm.rational.reporting as a trusted consumer and copy the OAuth key/secret into the RRDI Setup page.

Since you are getting ETL errors from the data collection jobs, I'm wondering if there is any data in your data warehouse.  You may be seeing the NO DATA AVAILABLE because there isn't any.  As a quick test, you could look in these tables in the data warehouse database using a database level tool:
PROJECT - RIODS schema, should list your projects
REQUEST - RIODS schema, should show work items from RTC
TESTCASE - RIODS schema, should show tests
REQUIREMENTS - RIODS schema, should show any requirements
D_PROJECT - RIDW schema, dimension table that should also show projects

You should also be able to use Cognos Query Studio to look in the tables in the Operational Data Store  directly.  If you don't see data, then your reports are working correctly and you need to resolve the data collection issues.

If you see data in the DW using the database level tools but not when using Cognos (reports, Query Studio, Report Studio), it could be an access control issue.  RRDI reports require that the Jazz user be a member of the project you are trying to report on.  The idea is that reports should not show data that you are not authorized to access directly through CLM.  Make sure your Jazz user is properly set up.

Mike Fox

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Aug 28 '12, 11:53 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 8:58 a.m.

Using a database level tool I see data in those tables. I'm member of some Project Areas. Is there any special permission that I need to setup for my user in the project area?

With "Jazz user" you mean the user that logins in RRDI?

Thanks.

Leonardo Marzo commented Aug 28 '12, 12:24 p.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 8:59 a.m.

IN my case, all ETLs (in JTS, CCM and RQM) work properly

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 26 '13, 9:04 a.m.

Hello Michael,
One of my customers using CLM 4.0 has the same issue. I see that the status of datawarehouse jobs in admin panel is green.
What else would you suggest to check? Can they have also defect 221037?

permanent link
mochoh mochoui (4644) | answered Aug 28 '13, 6:29 p.m.
 I have the same problem 'No data available', but when I'm working in the Report Studio's Query Explorer and I preview the data with 'View Tabular Data', I see it.

permanent link
Kevin Conway (4368) | answered Oct 10 '13, 11:53 a.m.

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried reinstalling several times with MSSQL and with DB2 as the backend database.  No luck.

The only oddity I have is that mmy CLM webserver is Apache, but I don't think that should matter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98013176143) | answered Oct 10 '13, 11:59 a.m.
 Hi Kevin,

can you please connect to the DW database with appropriate tool (i.e. Data Studio, Query Analyzer), and see If you can query the tables from where you want to display data on Cognos portal and let me know about results?

Regards, 

permanent link
Kevin Conway (4368) | answered Oct 10 '13, 3:05 p.m.

Hi

I tried using one of the reports for QM and got a logon issue.  I am using DB2 Data Server edition on WIndows 7 as a proof of concept.

QE-DEF-0323 The DSN(ODBC)/ServiceName is invalid. Either the DSN is missing or the host is inaccessible.RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: RQM UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "RQM" database. Check that the connection parameters to the database are configured correctly. For example, ensure that the data source connection contains the signon information, such as a password, to connect to the database.UDA-SQL-0532 Data Source is not accessible

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 31 '14, 3:41 a.m.
edited Mar 31 '14, 3:44 a.m.
I have a similar NO DATA problem. I found the issue but not the solutions.

Eventhough I login to RRDI with my credentials and I reach Cognos page I am not logged in to RRDI.

I need to press logon button on the top of page so I can reach the reports filled with data.

If I dont press thah logon button, there's no data on the reports.

I enabled JazzNameSpace but that doesnt seems to be working as it should be.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.