It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0 - zOS Dependency Builds - Promote Components - Why does the last dependency build of the "from" build has to be green status? Why won't a yellow (warning) status work?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Aug 27 '12, 7:14 a.m.
After an initial build of many programs the dependency build completed with some program warnings for sequence errors. When we tried to promote components to the next stream level it failed due to "unsuccessful build result". We had to do another build with no changes just to get the status to a "green" so we could promote components 

4 answers

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Aug 28 '12, 1:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Before promotion we do verify that the last completed build needs to be OK (no warnings and errors).  So the warnings that you have, all comes from compilation of the source files?  Are there any other warnings in the build.log.  Could you copy and paste all of the warnings.  Thanks.

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Aug 28 '12, 2:40 p.m.

It will take a while to get the logs to paste the warnings - but I can tell you we looked at them and they are all sequence errors and nothing that should stop a component promote. Is there a way to indicate to the promote that "green" and "warning" level status is OK? Or are we stuck with doing another build with no changes just to get a "green" status?

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Aug 28 '12, 3:40 p.m.
Don, do you have "Ignore warnings when computing overall status" selected for your source dependency build?

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Aug 29 '12, 11:35 a.m.

It was not checked and after having them check it - and run a build that produced warnings - the build result status was green - Thanks Robin

permanent link
Hung Lam (2911915) | answered Aug 28 '12, 3:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Don, promotion currently does not have such option to promote "warning" level status build.  If Robin's suggestion always generates a "green" build even containing warning messages, then promotion should be ok.

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Aug 29 '12, 11:35 a.m.

I had them check and the "Ignore warnings when computing overall status" flag was not set. I had the make the change and run a build for a member that produced warnins and the built result came out green. So that method works - Thanks

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Aug 29 '12, 8:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have opened As a user I want to be able to promote a yellow build (229136) for this requirement. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.