It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to get the IMethod when using diff

Jingwen Ou (5610) | asked Sep 18 '08, 12:44 p.m.
1. when we use the diff tool to compare two Java files, there will be a "box" at the top summarizing the methods that are different from the current ones. Is it possible to get the IMethod objects of these changed methods? I mean how to convert the DiffNode to IMethod (using Differencer.findDifferences will return a DiffNode of two states).

2. IChange.beforeState() and IChange.afterState() both return a IVersionableHandler that identifies a change state. We normally asked the repository for the content of these two states before making a diff. For example,
IWorkspaceManager.versionableManager().fetchCompleteState(IChange.beforeState(), monitor);

But when I use the following to get the before state's IShareable (locally), it still returns a non-null result:

FileSystemCore.getSharingManager().findShareables(FileSystemCore.getSharingManager().getDefaultCFARoot(),IChange.beforeState(), component, monitor);

Does it mean Jazz also persist the before/after state object locally?

Thanks in advance,
Owen

One answer

permanent link
Dmitry Karasik (1.8k11) | answered Sep 18 '08, 12:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
But when I use the following to get the before state's IShareable
(locally), it still returns a non-null result:

FileSystemCore.getSharingManager().findShareables
(FileSystemCore.getSharingManager().getDefaultCFARoot

(),IChange.beforeState(),
component, monitor);

Does it mean Jazz also persist the before/after state object locally?

No. findShareables() looks up a shareable by itemId, it ignores the
stateId. So in fact you get back 2 shareables that are exactly the same.

- Dmitry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.