It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advanced burndown chart not showing right priorities

Lila Aravopoulos (11166) | asked Aug 21 '12, 9:59 p.m.
Hi, my advanced burn down chart is showing all high priority story points as low priority. We have done some customizations on our project area configuration to do with work item priorities.

Does anyone know what's the best way to debug this? Or any idea what the issue maybe?

We are using the default Advanced Burndown chart from RTC 3.0.1. I can use 4.0 client if needed.

Thanks
Leyla

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Oct 09 '12, 4:16 p.m.

I also have customers asking this same question.  RTC 3.0.1.3 server.  No DW failures on the CCM server.   The priority enumeration does have several 'non-standard' entries, but the workitems_snapshot.priority table has apparently properly encoded values for Unassigned, Low, Medium and High that contain the proper ID value in the priority enumeration definition.

What gives?

Lila Aravopoulos commented Oct 09 '12, 10:12 p.m.

Hi Ramer, what do you mean by 'proper ID value in the priority enumeration definition' ?

The IDs for High to unassigned priorities need to be in high - low order for the chart to work properly.

I opened a defect against RTC, please see here for more information:

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/233987

Best

Leyla

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 10 '12, 8:40 a.m.

In the table I mentioned are 2 columns, PRIORITY_ID, WI_PRIORITY.  Values look like:

_v4bhULe7EeCTyKmQhF118Qppriority.literal.l01   for PRIORITY_ID
Unassigned, Low, Medium, High for WI_PRIORITY.  

The string I emphasized is the ITEM_ID for the project area in question and the priority.literal.lxx agree with the process xml.

I'll look at this work item.

Kevin Ramer commented Nov 14 '12, 8:59 a.m.

Neither your response nor the work item really define what the true ordering should be.  Both say high-low, but does that mean:

id="literal.00" name="High"
id="literal.01" name="Medium"
id="literal.02" name="Low"
id="literal.03" name="Nit"

OR

id="literal.03" name="High"
id="literal.02" name="Medium"
id="literal.01" name="Low"
id="literal.00" name="Nit"

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.