It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Supported Office versions for RQM import

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Aug 20 '12, 2:57 p.m.
 Hello,

What versions of Office (Word/Excel) are supported for importing in to RQM? Which version supports 2003?

Is there a web page that can assist me in this? I basically need CLM 4.x supports office x, CLM 3.x supports office blah.

Also,

Is this the best place for documentation:

thanks...

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Aug 20 '12, 3:39 p.m.

OK, so I see that I needed to download the software and unzip before I can get my answer. (need to change that). However what does the following mean:

-- from CLM 4.0, when creating a RM project area linked to RQM, make sure to check "Use a template to initially populate the project." and choose "Base".And in RQM Project Area management and the Overview tab make sure to add the current user userd by Exporter to the members section. and "Data Migration Administrator" role has been added to the user.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 20 '12, 9:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sterling,
we support
  • Microsoft Excel 2003 or later
  • Microsoft Word 2003 or later
  • Microsoft Word/Excel 2010 64bit

Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Soujanya Sri commented Jun 06 '13, 12:09 p.m.

Hi, i am using Microsoft Excel 2010 64 bit, but still not able to see the RQM  Add-in , after successful installation , can you please help me?

One other answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 20 '12, 10:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 20 '12, 10:23 p.m.
Hi Sterling,
when using RQM Excel/Word Importer to do the migration, the RQM linked RM project need to use the "Base" template.
and in the RQM project area overview section, the user used to do the migration need to have the role of "Data Migration Administrator" Data Migration Role

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Aug 21 '12, 7:37 a.m.

Hello,

Is this if I am importing Requirements? Or is this for ANY project? If I already have a lifecycle project created, can I not import test cases? Please elaborate.

Hao Wan commented Aug 21 '12, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sterling, if you are not importing requirements, the step < Use a template to initially populate the project." and choose "Base" > is not needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.