It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC : Record dates of when the workflow state changes

Varun Kumar (1113) | asked Aug 16 '12, 4:35 a.m.

Hi,

I'm using RTC for a workflow based management of activities.

I just wanted to know if we can have a autopopluated field (Read-only) which stores the date when the status of the work item was changed.

Example : My activity moves through the workflow states of New, InProgress , Complete, Closed..I am looking for an Autuopopulated field, which stores the date of when the work item was moved to "InProgress" State.. and another field which stores the date of when the work Item was moved to "Complete" state.

Is this possible, if so how?

If this is not possible, would there be a way where we can extract the data in history for each work item and extract these dates(which are now present in History) externally out of RTC(might be in Excel).

Comments
Ajeet Kumar commented Oct 29 '15, 3:38 p.m. | edited Oct 29 '15, 11:48 p.m.

Hi Varun,

Did you get what were you looking for. I am still hunting for the same.

One answer

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Aug 16 '12, 5:08 a.m.
 It's possible to do that using an operation participant that checks the operation to see if the state has changed, and then populates the relevant field depending on what the new state is.

If you have RRDI/Insight there is a request history query subject which contains information about the state changes of each work item, so you could use that to generate a report showing that information. It may also be possible to do that in BIRT but I've never looked into it.

Comments
Varun Kumar commented Aug 16 '12, 5:33 a.m. | edited Oct 29 '15, 11:47 p.m.

Thanks Jerad, the first option looks better. I am very new to RTC, so would it be possible for you to show  me how to create the Operation Participant?

Jared Russell commented Aug 16 '12, 6:15 a.m.

The following resources should give you all the information you need:

https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/rtc/3.0.1/extensions-workshop/RTC301ExtPoT.pdf

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/extendingrtc/?lang=en

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 17 '12, 6:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If a work item changes state several times before the next data collection job is run, do all of those states appear in the request history query subject, or only the states at the time the data collection job is run?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.