It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to request a Build by changing the workitem status in eclipse ?

Dhinesh Palanisamy (1510) | asked Jun 27 '18, 8:28 a.m.

I'm trying to trigger a build using Java plain API, using the java program am able to trigger the build but no where am able to inscribe with workitem so by changing the staus it will start build. Have across the custom workitem creation but not having any reliable resource to move on.Could anyone provide me the exact link or guidance to create custom workitem to trigger build by changing the status.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 27 '18, 9:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Dhinesh Palanisamy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dhinesh Palanisamy commented Jul 06 '18, 2:40 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the awesome blog, am started working on it. Here I have one doubt whether the jetty based debug server is required to do build on state change or we can do it without using the server ? please do the needful 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 06 '18, 3:19 p.m. | edited Jul 06 '18, 3:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are a brilliant developer that knows what you do, you can get away without Jetty.

If you try to avoid Jetty and you are a mediocre developer, like I am, who does not get the code right, first try without debugging, you are likely going to waste everybodys time in this forum with pointles questions without necessary background information. I have had that too many times already - and I can actually tell when I interact with the ones ignoring my advice very easily. So if you decide to go that route, please let me know so I can ignore any further questions from you to not waste my time. Thanks!

Otherwise there are people out here that actually want to help the smart people out here with their questions, provided the question they have is understandable, provides the information needed and the answers are not ignored.

Should you use Jetty? Yes!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.