It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Questions on development of an RTC plugin with WebUI

Serghei Zagorinyak (482913) | asked Aug 07 '12, 7:39 a.m.
retagged Aug 09 '12, 10:49 a.m. by Vladimir Amelin (70472226)

Hi! I'm absolutely new to Jazz and RTC and I've faced a task of creating a simple plugin in Java (with RTC Eclipse Client).

The idea is the following:

1. User opens a custom web page embedded in RTC.

2. There is a background call to a service plugin that fetches some data

3. The data is displayed in the page

4. After some modifications made by user the data from the page is sent to a different service plugin and thus saved.

So far I've managed to register a test service plugin that should return a "Test Plugin" string when its method is called. I've registered it at com.ibm.team.repository.service.serviceProvider extension point and it extends AbstractService. I can see this service description at the Component Status tab in /jazz/admin:

com.example.jazz
Services:
com.example.jazz.common.service.IJazzService

Suppose the service is  com.example.jazz  with com.example.jazz.common.service.IJazzService interface and the method is test(). 

I have also managed to register a new page at the com.ibm.team.app.web.admin extension point which has some JavaScript in it.

But I have no idea of how I am supposed to make it all work together. I.e. make calls to services from that page and pass data to and from these services. I also need to pass some parameters to these services. 

I found some articles on jazz.net/wiki, but they didn't clarify anything for me.

I'll be grateful for any aid on this. Links to useful materials or working code samples would be great.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Chris Goldthorpe (4287) | answered Aug 08 '12, 12:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might find this WIKI topic gives you some of the information you are looking for:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Sandbox/JAFServiceFramework
Serghei Zagorinyak selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Serghei Zagorinyak commented Aug 09 '12, 2:25 a.m.

Thanks, It was quite useful.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.