It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTS / RTC - is it possible to run BOTH Tomcat users and LDAP users?

Brian Kinney (111) | asked Oct 27 '17, 11:51 a.m.

Currently only local users, but need to convert over to LDAP, and I may need to keep a few local user identities.

The instructions I've found are rather vague at best, and assume that all users are converted over.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/213072/how-can-i-migrate-users-from-tomcat-usersxml-to-was-ldap-ms-ad 

On top of that, I have some of these users already in my LDAP, and I don't want to break them.

So,

1) Can you run with both local and LDAP users at the same time?

2) When I run jts/setup to configure the LDAP for JTS, will it disable the local user authentication?

3) Are there any directions out there for Configuring Tomcat to use MS AD as a user registry?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 01 '17, 3:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 01 '17, 3:56 a.m.

This is really an Apache/Tomcat question, I think.

By default, it is only possible to use either LDAP or local configuration with Tomcat as far as I can tell. I know that WAS and WAS Liberty Profile support a federated relm that basically looks at a local and an LDAP based user management. I can't tell if Tomcat can be configured to do that. Your best chance is to ask in forums that are more specialized on Apache.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.